Application of 3D rib clips
- 3D rib clip with 6 segments: for fractures that are at right angles to the longitudinal axis of the rib.
- 3D rib clip with 9 segments: for oblique fractures.
- 3D rib clip with 13 segments: for comminuted fractures, spiral fractures, very oblique fractures.
CAUTION: Avoid cutting the 3D rib clips with 6, 9, 13 segments to size by removing one or more clip segments because it would then not be possible to ensure stable fixation.
Application of implant bridges
- Implant bridge for comminuted fractures or defects where fusion of the bone fragments is not possible on account of distance or missing fragments (reconstruction).
- an implant bridge comprises of two Titanium rib clips and one Titanium connecting bar
after precise positioning and alignment of the Titanium rib clips the Titanium connecting bar is shortened to the particular length and introduced to the connectors of the Titanium rib clips
- the Titanium rib clips are fixed in place on the rib
- the Titanium connecting bar is crimped onto the connectors of the Titanium rib clips
Application of sternum clips
Transverse fractures, oblique fractures and multi-fragment fractures of the sternal body require use of 3 clip segments in order to ensure secure stabilisation.